HOW TO JOIN:
Anyone can become a Member (and owner!) when they purchase equity (a membership investment) in the Co-op. At EWCM, Members pay $150 total (or $30 / year for 5 years) for an Individual membership share or $300 total (or $60 / years for 5 years) for a Family membership share.
Print and fill out this form and drop it off at the Market with your check. Yes, it’s that easy!
BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MEMBER
Besides the wonderful feeling you’ll get when you shop at “your” local market, there are a number of great benefits to becoming a member and part of the East Warren Community Market family. You’ll get access to:
- Weekly member specials and periodic special offers
- Special ordering privileges – case lots and bulk items, wine cases, kegs at significant discounts
- Pre-Pay Account – maintain a convenient pre-pay account and receive 2% store-wide discount
- Reciprocating Discounts from other participating food co-operatives
- A Role in supporting a community-owned, locally-grown food store
- Voting privileges. Members are eligible to vote on nominees to the Board of Directors, any amendments to the Bylaws, and on other issues put before the membership for a vote.
- Eligibility to serve on the Board of Directors. Members who want to become more involved in the EWCM can seek election to the Board of Directors.
(Note: These benefits are available to Members in Good Standing who have made the required full payment or installment payments towards their equity share within the required time intervals).